Friday, November 10, 2006

Mystique of the Delta

Could clear water be the key to Greenville's economic future? According to some, it could have a significant impact. Imagine drawing a glass of tap water and being able to see through the glass, or sitting in a bathtub and being able to see your legs!

As native Deltan's, we have become acustomed to our ice water resembling weak tea, but some visitors are simply appalled by our "local color". One of the first questions visitors ask me is, "What is wrong with the water?" I politely explain that our brown water is the result of "prehistoric biological sediments that have seeped into our wellspring feeders".... at least that's the rhetoric that I was raised on. Most simply shake their head and express their relief that we don't simply pump it directly out of the river.

In my travels, I find that Greenville is almost world renowned for two very memorable experiences. One is a eating a steak at Doe's Eat Place and the other... bathing in brown water! The latter is certainly not a drawing card, but quite memorable none the less.

So, is our water safe? We are told that it is, but who among us does not use water filers and/or bottled water... just to be sure. The Delta is well known for its filtering of all things obscure... its water included.

Perhaps the mystique and uniqueness of the Delta lies in its murky water. Cleansing ourselves of our "prehistoric sediments" may be a major step toward our economic progress as a community and may even land us squarely in the middle of the 21st century!

Forthright

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told one of my (grown) children yesterday that the city was looking into removing the color from our water. His response was, "I hope it will still taste as good." My family would rather drink Greenville water than any beverage on this earth.

ANUPAM said...

Hilarious. you have a great page.

Anna Martine said...

mini waterproof spy camera
where to buy a spy pen camera
wireless spy camera for bedroom
Long range wireless spy camera

Best ice shaver said...

Ahh! Just found my way here and I have to say that I love your design/foodpic mashup! I´ll return for mor for sure.
Best ice cream scoop
thrifty ice cream scoop